Tax Law (Books and Journals)
- European Financial Management From Nbr. 25-4, September 2019 to Nbr. 25-4, September 2019 Wiley, 2021
- Fiscalidad de las reorganizaciones empresariales en la Unión Europea. Estudio de la Directiva Fiscal de Fusiones by: Marcial Pons, 2021
- Study and reports on the VAT gap in the EU-28 Member States. 2020 final report by: European Union Publications Office, 2020
- La armonización del impuesto sobre hidrocarburos en la Unión Europea by: Dykinson, 2014
- Tratado de Aduanas e Impuestos Especiales by: J.M. Bosch Editor, 2013
- Las cláusulas anti-abuso específicas tributarias frente a las libertades de circulación de la Unión Europea by: J.M. Bosch Editor, 2010
- Reforma y armonización de la fiscalidad de los grupos societarios europeos by: J.M. Bosch Editor, 2009
- Studi Tributari Europei From Nbr. 1/2018, January 2018 to Nbr. 1/2018, January 2018 Scuola Europea di Alti Studi Tributari, 2009
- European Tax Studies From Nbr. 1/2018, January 2018 to Nbr. 1/2018, January 2018 Scuola Europea di Alti Studi Tributari, 2009
- Estudios Tributarios Europeos From Nbr. 1/2018, January 2018 to Nbr. 1/2018, January 2018 Scuola Europea di Alti Studi Tributari, 2009
- Medidas que integran el régimen de neutralidad fiscal configurado por la directiva 2009/133/CE
- Límites a la aplicación del régimen de neutralidad fiscal: la cláusula antiabuso contemplada en el Art. 15 de la directiva 2009/133/CE
- La creación de un régimen de neutralidad fiscal para las operaciones transfronterizas de reorganización empresarial
- La delimitación del ámbito de aplicación subjetivo de la directiva 2009/133/CE
- La delimitación del ámbito de aplicación objetivo de la directiva 2009/133/CE
- Annex A. Methodological considerations
- Annex B. Statistical appendix
- Annex C. Additional graphs
- List of acronyms and abbreviations
- Executive summary
- Background: economic and policy context in 2018
- The vat gap in 2018
- Individual country results
- Policy GAP measures for 2018
- Econometric analysis of VAT GAP determinants
- The potential impact of the coronavirus recession on the evolution of the VAT GAP
Characteristics of the financial system of Kosovo
The financial system in Kosovo since the post-war period and until the present has consistently increased in most of its values, which shows that financial institutions in Kosovo have established sound operation foundations by providing security and trust to clients. Banks are the only institution for injecting money into the economy. They are the key indicator in establishment of working places,
Background to Auditing and Role of Auditor
Financial markets crisis since 2007 has unfolded many issues regarding the supervision of financial institutions, financial reporting and auditing as of core importance to many regulatory bodies in order to ensure proper-functioning framework in the internal market. An audit, along with both adequate supervision and corporate governance, can contribute towards the financial health of the...
The catalytic effect of internationalization on innovation
This paper examines how internationalization spurs corporate innovation. Internationalization heightens the competitive environment of firms, while increasing financial flexibility. The increased competition reduces agency problems and motivates innovation projects which are supported by improved financial flexibility. We obtain robust evidence with the difference‐in‐differences and instrumental...
How friends with money affect corporate cash policies? The international evidence
We examine the association between managerial social capital and the cash flow sensitivity of cash in an international setting. We find that social capital reduces the marginal propensity to save cash out of cash flows. This association is stronger for more financially constrained firms, firms with high hedging needs, and firms with more uncertain cash flows. The effect of social capital is...
Is finance a veil? Lead‐and‐lag relationship between financial and business cycles: The case of China
This study examines the lead‐and‐lag relationship between financial cycles (FCs) and business cycles (BCs) by using Chinese provincial data. We construct FCs of the financial sector on the basis of three financial variables: credit‐to‐GDP (gross domestic product) ratios, house prices, and equity prices. We use the panel dynamic logit model to investigate the lead‐and‐lag effect between two...
Does MAX matter for mutual funds?
Extreme returns (MAX) have been shown to impact future expected stock returns. We examine whether this relationship is present in mutual fund returns. We find that high MAX funds, as measured by past extreme daily returns, underperform both in portfolio sorts and cross‐sectional tests. We further test possible explanations for why MAX funds underperform. First, we measure mutual fund flows to...
The median is a better measure of a sample's central tendency in the presence of extreme observations. We propose an alternative momentum strategy formed by buying (shorting) stocks with high (low) average median returns over a formation period of 3–12 months. The median momentum strategy outperforms the traditional price momentum strategy for all holding periods from 1 month to 5 years, with no...
Local official turnover, ownership, and firm cash holdings: Insights from an emerging market
Using a hand‐collected dataset of city‐level local official turnover in China, I find that average cash holdings of listed firms decrease significantly upon turnover of city heads, and this effect concentrates in privately owned enterprises. Such effects are more pronounced in firms located in cities with lower government quality. I also find that local official turnover leads to decreases in...