JD Supra European Union
- JD Supra
- Publication date:
- JD Supra (9373)
- Shearman & Sterling LLP (1287)
- Orrick - Finance 20/20 (770)
- White & Case LLP (672)
- Dentons (517)
- Hogan Lovells (483)
- K&L Gates LLP (342)
- Dechert LLP (306)
- Allen & Overy LLP (289)
- Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (286)
- McDermott Will & Emery (280)
- Latham & Watkins LLP (267)
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (256)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (187)
- Jones Day (178)
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP (174)
- Morgan Lewis (126)
- Cooley LLP (123)
- King & Spalding (119)
- McGuireWoods LLP (107)
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (103)
- Goodwin (95)
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP (86)
- Alston & Bird (86)
- Ropes & Gray LLP (85)
- WilmerHale (80)
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (73)
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP (71)
- Fox Rothschild LLP (66)
- Mintz - Privacy & Cybersecurity Viewpoints (62)
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP (56)
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (54)
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP (47)
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP (42)
- McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP (42)
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP (41)
- Foley & Lardner LLP (39)
- Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP (39)
- BakerHostetler (38)
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP (36)
- Proskauer Rose LLP (34)
- Proskauer - Privacy & Cybersecurity (33)
- Foley Hoag LLP - Security, Privacy and the Law (32)
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP (32)
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP (31)
- Locke Lord LLP (30)
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. (25)
- Womble Bond Dickinson (25)
- Ladas & Parry LLP (24)
- NAVEX Global (24)
- Robinson+Cole Data Privacy + Security Insider (24)
- The EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive - How Companies Need to Prepare
The EU’s latest initiative to enhance ESG disclosures will expand the requirements of earlier initiatives and bring considerably more companies within its scope. On 5 January 2023, the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) entered into force in the EU. The CSRD is the EU’s latest initiative to improve the quality and comparability of corporate ESG disclosures. The CSRD uses the term “sustainability” to refer to environmental, social (including human rights), and governance factors. The CSRD will considerably increase both the number of companies that are within the scope of the EU’s ESG reporting regime and the detail and extent of the ESG disclosures that must be published. Please see full Alert below for more information.
- European Competition Review 2022
In our super-connected age, we are inundated with information. It can be difficult to select what is really relevant to one’s business. The purpose of this Review is to provide legal counsel and their teams easy reference guidance on essential EU competition law developments covering key areas of law and policy, to help keep you up to date on the latest requirements. Please see full Insight below for more information.
- Digital Markets Act enters into force: a roadmap for “gatekeeper” digital platforms
Following publication in the EU Official Journal, the Digital Markets Act (DMA, Regulation (EU) 2022/1925) officially entered into force on 1 November 2022. The DMA introduces new rules for the digital economy. In particular, it will require online platforms acting as “gatekeepers” in digital markets to comply with wide-ranging obligations. Please see Publication below for more information.
- Tackling foreign subsidies: new EU rules enter into force
The EU Foreign Subsidies Regulation (FSR) empowers the European Commission (EC) to review and control subsidies granted by non-EU countries to companies active in the EU. The new rules, which start to apply from 12 July 2023, will have a significant impact on and create new obligations for parties that are participating in transactions and public tenders in the EU and have received foreign financial contributions. Please see Publication below for more information.
- COVID-19 Key EU Developments, Policy & Regulatory Update No. 94
This regular update (no. 94 | 19 December 2022 ) covers key regulatory EU developments related to the evolving COVID-19 situation (Antitrust & State Aid; Trade/Export Controls; Medicines, Medical Devices and Personal Protective Equipment; and Cybersecurity, Privacy & Data Protection). Please see Publication below for more information.
- European Regulatory Timeline 2023
Following the turn of the new year, our UK Regulatory specialists have examined the key regulatory developments in 2023 impacting a range of UK and European firms within the financial services sector. The key dates have been distilled by the Proskauer team in an easy to read timeline with our commentary. Please see full Article below for more information.
- 6 Sustainability Takeaways in EU Antitrust & Regulatory - December 2022
Latham lawyers highlight key takeaways and developments in the sustainability space from the second half of the year. Please see full Publication below for more information.
- Gender diversity on corporate boards (UPDATED)
What to expect from the new EU Women on Boards Directive, including the practical changes for your management structure and the impact on the national legislation of each Member State. Please see Publication below for more information.
- The MiCA Proposal at a glance
The key takeaway of a ground-breaking law to regulate the crypto-assets space. Please see Publication below for more information.
- EU cracks down on the criminal enforcement of sanctions violations
With a ninth sanctions package against Russia in the making, the EU’s sustained response to the war in Ukraine has demonstrated that sanctions will remain at the forefront of EU policymaking. The array of sanctions adopted in 2022 is unprecedented (see our dedicated collection on Russia sanctions here), and many businesses with an international footprint are now having to navigate an ever more complex regulatory landscape. Please see Publication below for more information.
- European IP Bulletin - Issue 77, February 2011
IN THIS ISSUE: COPYRIGHT: Bezpecnostni softwarová asociace-Svaz softwarové ochrany v Ministerstvo kultury: Copyright in a Graphic User Interface In Bezpecnostni softwarová asociace-Svaz softwarové ochrany (BSA) v Ministerst so kultury 22 December 2010 (unreported), the European Court of...
- Financial Services Europe and International Update: Regulatory Developments - May 2011, Issue 7
In This Newsletter: EU and Supranational Regulatory Developments: p1 - Hungarian Presidency's EMIR Compromise Proposal p1 - Short Selling EU Set to Ban "Sepculative" Sovereign Debt Trades p2 - EFAMA Papers on External Governance and REsponsible Investment p2 - AIFM Directive: AIMA's Report ...
- Six Tips for Compliance with Europe’s New Cookie Rules
While the European Union’s deadline for implementing new cookie rules has passed, substantial uncertainty remains about what organizations should do to make their online activities compliant. In this advisory we offer six practical tips for dealing with the uncertainty. Background The EU...
- The European Union’s Packaged Retail Investment Products Initiative: Recent Developments
Following the publication in March 2011 of a joint response (“the Joint Response”) from the UK’s Financial Services Authority (the “FSA”) and HM Treasury to the European Commission’s November 2010 consultation of packaged retail investment products (“PRIPs”) (which closed to responses on 31 January ...
- ESMA Issues Draft Advice on Possible AIFMD Implementing Measures in Relation to Supervision and Third Countries
On August 23, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) published consultation paper ESMA/2011/270 (Consultation on ESMA's draft technical advice to the European Commission on possible implementing measures of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive in relation to supervision...
- European Commission Publishes Legislative Proposal For A Financial Transaction Tax
On 28 September 2011, the European Commission published its legislative proposal for a Council Directive on a financial transaction tax in the EU. In his annual State of the Union Address in Strasbourg, José Manuel Barroso, the President of the European Commission, commented: “In the last three...
- A General And Absolute Ban On Internet Sales In The Context Of A Selective Distribution Network Constitutes A Restriction Of Competition “By Object”
In a judgment handed down today in Case C-439/09, the Court of Justice of the European Union (‘ECJ’) held that a general and absolute ban on internet sales in the context of a selective distribution network constitutes a restriction of competition by object within the meaning of Article 101 of the...
- Another Milestone for the AIFMD – Time for Non-EU Private Equity Advisers to Take Stock?
The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (“AIFMD”) was published on June 8, 2011. It introduces a Europe-wide regime aimed at regulating the activities of those who manage and market alternative investment funds, such as private equity funds (“Funds”). The AIFMD has been in the public...
- ESMA Launches Two New MiFID I Consultations
On 22 December 2011, ESMA published two new Consultation papers: one on the MiFID I suitability requirements (ESMA Consultation Paper 2011/445), the other on the MiFID I compliance function requirements (ESMA Consultation paper 2011/446). The draft guidelines on stability requirements focus on firm ...
- EU Comprehensive Data Protection Reform Announcement This Week
The announcement of the proposal for comprehesive reform of EU data protection rules is expected on Wednesday of this week at 12:30 PM CET (6:30 AM EST). You will be able to watching the press conference with Viviane Reding, Vice President of the EU Commission in charge of Justice streamed live. ...