The effects of COVID-19 induced border closures on cross-border regions. An empirical report covering the period March to June 2020
- European Union Publications Office
- Publication date:
The present document aims at drawing lessons from an assessment of the impact of the COVID-19 measures along EU internal borders on cross-border communities at large (businesses, workers, citizens) and presenting recommendations for the future, addressed to the European Commission on how the resilience of cross-border regions could be improved in case further crises emerge.
- Mapping of the border-related measures taken by all member states, norway, switzerland and liechtenstein
- Analysis of the impacts of the border-related measures on cross-border territories and communities
- Analysis of the role and of the added value of cross-border structures and agreements during the pandemic
- Border regions: lessons learnt from the covid-19 crisis and recommendations for the future