Tribunal de Justicia
- Opinion of Advocate General Tanchev delivered on 2 July 2020.
- Judgment of the Court (Seventh Chamber) of 2 July 2020.#IE v Magistrat der Stadt Wien.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Conservation of natural habitats and of wild fauna and flora — Directive 92/43/EEC — Article 12(1) — System of strict protection for animal species — Annex IV — Cricetus cricetus (European hamster) — Resting places and breeding sites — Deterioration or destruction — Areas which have been abandoned.#Case C-477/19.
- Judgment of the Court (First Chamber) of 2 July 2020.#Blackrock Investment Management (UK) Limited v Commissioners for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Taxation — Value added tax (VAT) — Directive 2006/112/EC — Exemptions — Article 135(1)(g) — Exemption of transactions for the management of special investment funds — Single supply used for the management of special investment funds and for other funds.#Case C-231/19.
- Judgment of the Court (Tenth Chamber) of 2 July 2020.#mk advokaten GbR v MBK Rechtsanwälte GbR.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Trade marks — Directive 2008/95/EC — Article 5(1) — Use in the course of trade of a sign that is identical with or similar to another person’s trade mark for goods or services that are identical with or similar to those for which that mark is registered — Scope of the term ‘using’ — Advertisement placed on a website by order of a person operating in the course of trade and subsequently reproduced on other websites.#Case C-684/19.
- Judgment of the Court (Fifth Chamber) of 2 July 2020.#SC Terracult SRL v Direcţia Generală Regională a Finanţelor Publice Timişoara –Administraţia Judeţeană a Finanţelor Publice Arad – Serviciul Inspecţie Fiscală Persoane Juridice 5 and ANAF Direcţia Generală Regională a Finanţelor Publice Timişoara Serviciul de Soluţionare a Contestaţiilor.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Taxation — Common system of value added tax (VAT) — Directive 2006/112/EC — Invoice correction — Tax invoiced incorrectly — Refund of tax paid but not due — Reverse charge mechanism for VAT — Transactions relating to a tax period that has already been the subject of a tax inspection — Fiscal neutrality — Principle of effectiveness — Proportionality.#Case C-835/18.
- Opinion of Advocate General Bobek delivered on 2 July 2020.
- Conclusiones del Abogado General Sr. P. Pikamäe, presentadas el 2 de julio de 2020.
- Judgment of the Court (First Chamber) of 2 July 2020.#WM v Stadt Frankfurt am Main.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Area of freedom, security and justice — Directive 2008/115/EC — Common standards and procedures in Member States for returning illegally staying third-country nationals — Conditions of detention — Article 16(1) — Detention in prison accommodation for the purpose of removal — Third-country national who poses a serious threat to public policy or public security.#Case C-18/19.
- Sentencia del Tribunal de Justicia (Sala Décima) de 2 de julio de 2020.#Veronsaajien oikeudenvalvontayksikkö contra A Oy.#Procedimiento prejudicial — Impuesto sobre el valor añadido (IVA) — Directiva 2006/112/CE — Prestaciones de servicios — Artículo 135, apartado 1, letra l) — Exención del IVA — Arrendamiento de bienes inmuebles — Concepto de “bien inmueble” — Exclusión — Artículo 47 — Lugar de realización del hecho imponible — Prestaciones de servicios vinculadas a bienes inmuebles — Reglamento de Ejecución (UE) n.º 282/2011 — Artículos 13 ter y 31 bis — Armarios rack — Servicios de alojamiento en un centro de datos.#Asunto C-215/19.
- Conclusions de l'avocat général Mme J. Kokott, présentées le 2 juillet 2020.
- Judgment of the Court (Tenth Chamber) of 19 March 2020.#Compañía de Tranvías de la Coruña, SA v Ayuntamiento de A Coruña.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Regulation (EC) No 1370/2007 — Public passenger transport services by rail and by road — Article 8 — Transitional arrangements — Article 8(3) — Expiry of public service contracts — Calculation of the maximum contractual term set at 30 years — Determination of the date from which the maximum term of 30 years starts to run.#Case C-45/19.
- Sentencia del Tribunal de Justicia (Sala Quinta) de 2 de abril de 2020.#Föreningen Svenska Tonsättares Internationella Musikbyrå u.p.a. (Stim) y Svenska artisters och musikers intresseorganisation ek. för. (SAMI) contra Fleetmanager Sweden AB y Nordisk Biluthyrning AB.#Procedimiento prejudicial — Propiedad intelectual — Derechos de autor y derechos afines a los derechos de autor — Directiva 2001/29/CE — Artículo 3, apartado 1 — Directiva 2006/115/CE — Artículo 8, apartado 2 — Concepto de “comunicación al público” — Empresa de arrendamiento de vehículos provistos cada uno de una radio como equipamiento estándar.#Asunto C-753/18.
- Judgment of the Court (Grand Chamber) of 3 March 2020.#Marc Gómez del Moral Guasch v Bankia SA.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Consumer protection — Directive 93/13/EEC — Unfair terms in consumer contracts — Mortgage loan agreement — Variable interest rate — Reference index based on mortgage loans granted by savings banks — Index arising from a regulatory or administrative provision — Unilateral introduction of the term by the seller or supplier — Review of the transparency requirement by the national court — Consequences of a finding that the term is unfair.#Case C-125/18.
- Order of the Court (Eighth Chamber) of 22 April 2020.#B v Yodel Delivery Network Ltd.#Request for a preliminary ruling from the Watford Employment Tribunal.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Article 99 of the Rules of Procedure of the Court — Directive 2003/88/EC — Organisation of working time — Concept of ‘worker’ — Parcel delivery undertaking — Classification of couriers engaged under a services agreement — Possibility for a courier to engage subcontractors and to perform similar services concurrently for third parties.#Case C-692/19.
- Judgment of the Court (Grand Chamber) of 4 June 2020.#Federación de Trabajadores Independientes de Comercio (Fetico) and Others v Grupo de Empresas DIA S.A. and Twins Alimentación S.A.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Social policy — Protection of the safety and health of workers — Organisation of working time — Directive 2003/88/EC — Articles 5 and 7 — Weekly rest — Annual leave — Paid special leave permitting time off from work to meet specific needs and obligations.#Case C-588/18.
- Judgment of the Court (Eighth Chamber) of 12 March 2020.#A e.a. v Finnair Oyj.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Air transport — Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 — Articles 5 and 7 — Right to compensation in the event of delay or cancellation of a flight — Entitlement to compensation more than once in the event of a delay or cancellation not only of the original reservation, but also of the subsequent reservation made in the context of a re-routing — Scope — Exemption from the obligation to pay compensation — Concept of ‘extraordinary circumstances’ — ‘On condition’ part — Technical shortcomings inherent in aircraft maintenance.#Case C-832/18.
- Judgment of the Court (Eighth Chamber) of 30 April 2020.#OI v Air Nostrum Líneas Aéreas del Mediterráneo SA.#Request for a preliminary ruling from the Landgericht Frankfurt am Main.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Air transport — Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 — Compensation for air passengers in the event of denied boarding — Denied boarding — Cancellation — Connecting flights — Change of the reservation in respect of one of the flights comprising the journey by air against the passenger’s will — Arrival of the passenger without delay at his or her final destination.#Case C-191/19.
- Judgment of the Court (Second Chamber) of 19 March 2020.#Domingo Sánchez Ruiz v Comunidad de Madrid (Servicio Madrileño de Salud).#Request for a preliminary ruling from the Juzgado Contencioso-Administrativo de Madrid.#Case C-103/18.
- Judgment of the Court (Seventh Chamber) of 23 April 2020.#Ryanair Ltd and Autorità Garante della Concorrenza e del Mercato - Antitrust v Autorità Garante della Concorrenza e del Mercato - Antitrust and Others.#Reference for a preliminary ruling — Transport — Air services — Regulation (EC) No 1008/2008 — Article 23(1) — Indication of the final price to be paid — Online passenger check-in fees — VAT — Administrative fees for purchases made by means of a credit card other than that approved by the air carrier — Unavoidable and foreseeable elements of the final price to be paid — Optional price supplements — Concept.#Case C-28/19.
- conclusiones del Abogado General Saugmandsgaard Øe presentadas en el asunto Fetico y otros, C-588/18