Who can help me with the application?

What you need to know as a non-EU citizen living in the UK
if you have, or had, a family connection to an EU citizen
in your 5-year automatic NINO residence check, or if
you do not have a NINO, you may need to provide
additional documents (such as utility bills) to f‌ill in
the gaps. You can scan and upload these documents
during your online application.
If you are applying for ‘Pre-Settled Status’ because
you have not lived in the UK for 5 years then your
automatic NINO check or documentary evidence
must show that you have been living in the UK at
some point in the last 6months. If you are asked to
provide documents these can be uploaded during
your online application.
If there are still gaps in your UK residence you should
be contacted by email or telephone with a request
that you provide more documentary evidence.
(iv) Criminality
You will be asked about your criminal record. If you
have only been convicted of a minor crime you will
still be eligible for ‘Settled Status’ or ‘Pre-Settled Status’.
Any dishonest answer could have a negative impact
on your application.
6 Who can help me with the application?
The Home Of‌f‌ice has provided funding to charities
and voluntary organisations across the UK to provide
free help and information to vulnerable citizens
applying to the Scheme. This includes assistance for
vulnerable non-EU citizens who need help applying.
Some applications for non-EU citizens can be
complex (particularly when relying on retained rights
or derivative rights), and therefore applicants in these
categories may need legal assistance to make their

To continue reading

Request your trial

VLEX uses login cookies to provide you with a better browsing experience. If you click on 'Accept' or continue browsing this site we consider that you accept our cookie policy. ACCEPT